New Jersey Motor Vehicle Surcharges & Municipal Traffic Fines

Eliminate Vehicle Surcharges and Fines With Bankruptcy

New Jersey Department of Motor Vehicle surcharges and traffic fines are ways for the state to get money from those who can least afford to pay. At the law offices William H. Oliver Jr. & Associates, our lawyers can help you discharge those debts and regain control of your financial future by filing bankruptcy.

You Can Eliminate Motor Vehicle Fines and Surcharges. Contact William H. Oliver Jr. & Associates for a free bankruptcy consultation in Monmouth or Ocean County.

What Fines and Surcharges Can Be Discharged?

Any municipal traffic court fines from speeding, to DUI, to driving without a license can be discharged by filing Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy. In addition, all DMV surcharges (including the $3,000 surcharge for DUI) can be discharged.

Fines and surcharges are unsecured debts. All unsecured debts can be discharged by filing Chapter 7 bankruptcy. Most unsecured debts can be discharged in a Chapter 13 bankruptcy filing, but you may have to pay back a small percentage of the fine or surcharge over a three- to five-year period.

DUI Arrest and Bankruptcy

A drunk driving arrest can put anyone into a deep financial hole. In today's economy, few people can afford the fines or vehicle surcharges that come with a conviction. Filing bankruptcy can be a way to get a fresh start.

Free Attorney Consultation

With offices in Toms River and Neptune City, New Jersey, our lawyers are ready to answer your DVM surcharge and traffic fine questions and help you find solutions. We offer evening and Saturday appointments. Call toll free: 1-866-974-1136 or fill out our contact form. Hablamos español.

We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.