Fighting for Victims of Predatory Lenders
It is everyone’s dream to own a home. Lenders, homebuilders, real estate agents and others are fully aware of these dreams. They take advantage of unsuspecting borrowers, selling them property at inflated prices or offering unfair loans with terms that are detrimental to the buyer and greatly favor the lender.
Some of the practices that can come into play in predatory lending schemes can include:
- Failure to disclose terms, rates and fees associated with a mortgage
- Selling a borrower a mortgage with less favorable terms when he or she could have qualified for a better loan
- Mortgages with large balloon payments that force homeowners to default
- Home equity lines of credit with high-interest rates and excessive fees
- Price fixing schemes involving the builder, real estate agent and lender
- Equity stripping scams by companies offering to “rescue” at-risk homeowners
- Inflated appraisal scams that force the buyer to pay more than the property is worth
Toms River Foreclosure Defense Attorney
If you cannot keep up with your payments based on the current terms of your loan or your lender is threatening foreclosure and will not work with you to find a solution, you should seek the advice of an experienced Monmouth County predatory lending attorney as soon as possible. At the law offices of Oliver & Legg, we help clients throughout New Jersey who are facing foreclosure due to predatory lending practices.
We can help you determine if predatory lending is a viable defense to avoid foreclosure in your case. We have the resources to investigate your loan to find evidence of predatory lending or errors in the documentation that can be used to your advantage. As a part of some Chapter 13 bankruptcy cases, it may be possible to strip the amount of the mortgage from what is owed down to what the property is actually worth.
Free Consultation With A Lawyer
With offices in Toms River and Neptune City, New Jersey, our firm is prepared to help you with any predatory lending issue. Evening and Saturday appointments are available. Call local: 732-988-1500 or fill out our contact form.