Understanding What Bankruptcy Can Do for You
For people facing financial hardship, it can be difficult to know what to do or where to turn for help. Some will consider filing for bankruptcy but decide not to because they don’t know how the process works or what life after bankruptcy would look like. In truth, there are many things that bankruptcy can do for you beyond helping you get your finances in order, including the following:
- Stopping creditor harassment: Regain your peace of mind while the automatic stay protects you from collection phone calls and letters, repossession, foreclosure and wage garnishment.
- Stopping home foreclosure: Bankruptcy will put an immediate stop to a home foreclosure and give you time to consider alternatives.
- Stopping wage garnishment: Even if a creditor is already taking part of your paycheck to repay a debt, your bankruptcy filing will bring it to an end.
- Stopping car repossessions: If you are behind on your payments and the lender is trying to take your car back, they will not be able to do so once you file for bankruptcy.
- Stopping home foreclosures: Foreclosure actions will be prevented from moving forward upon the filing of your bankruptcy petition.
- Rebuilding your credit: Filing bankruptcy can actually be the first step in improving your credit.
At the law offices of Oliver & Legg, we provide comprehensive legal services in all areas of bankruptcy. We represent individuals in Chapter 7 bankruptcy and Chapter 13 bankruptcy filings as well as help businesses seeking relief under Chapter 11 bankruptcy. We are committed to helping you discharge debt and finding the solution that gives you the fresh start you need.
For More Information About The Benefits of Bankruptcy
With offices in Toms River and Neptune City, New Jersey, our firm is prepared to help you realize all of the benefits of bankruptcy in Ocean County. Evening and Saturday appointments are available. Call local: 732-988-1500 or fill out our contact form to schedule a consultation with an attorney from Oliver & Legg, LLC.